Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 6 is almost here and Infinity Ward has released the patch notes for the upcoming update. The Season 6 update will nerf C4 and the Origin 12 shotgun, which will be a huge positive for many who have reported that the Origin has become a little OP as of late. Let’s take a look at the full patch notes, courtesy of Infinity Ward:
Modern Warfare General Fixes –
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the diffusing player
Weapon Updates –
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire viewmodel positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
Call of Duty Warzone Updates –
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
Modern Warfare PC Updates
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics card
- Improved stability and performance
Modern Warfare Season 6 will bring new operators, weapons, maps, and various playlists to the first-person shooter. These playlists include Ground War, Gunfight Blueprint Customs, Face Off – Station, Killstreak Confirmed, and a Season Six Moshpit (Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory). Warzone has a playlist update as well. As usual, BR Solos, BR Duos, BR Trios, and BR Quads are available along with Plunder (Trios). However, we have a new game type in Warzone called Armored Royale (Quads).
In Armored Royale, squads will have an armored cargo truck with a mounted turret. Even though you can respawn if your team’s truck is still running, Armored Royale is just like any BR game. The last team standing wins.
Modern Warfare Season 6 starts on September 29th at 2:00 AM ET. For more on what you can expect from the upcoming season, including how much space the update will take, check out our latest article here.
Are you excited for Modern Warfare Season 6? Let us know in the comments below! Be sure to check us out later tonight over on Twitch as Modern Warfare Season 6 goes live. Also, you can follow ModernWarzone on Twitter for the latest Call of Duty news.