New Black Ops Cold War Round-Based Map Coming In Season 4
We haven’t had a new round-based zombies map since Firebase Z released back in early February. That’s going to change in Season 4.
According to Treyarch, the next round-based zombies map will arrive during Season 4 and it’ll take place after the events of Outbreak’s main quests.
Based on the current rumors, this upcoming map could potentially take place in Berlin.
TheGamingRevolution recently posted an excellent video speculating on a lot of the Black Ops Cold War zombies rumors and where the story could go next. You can see that video below:
Outbreak Main Story Easter Egg Drops On May 20th Alongside A Ton Of Content
In the past, Treyarch discussed bringing main story easter eggs to its Outbreak mode. But, there was never an official date for it. Now, the studio has announced that Outbreak will receive its first main story easter egg on May 20th with another quest arriving sometime in Season 4.
Treyarch then pulled a Billy Mays and said “But wait, there’s more!” Here is all the content coming to zombies on May 20th:
- New Main Quest
- Orda Encounter World Event
- Fishing (!!)
- New Intel Documents, Audio Logs, Radio Transmissions, and Artifacts to discover
- Round-Based Maps
- “Cranked 2: No Time to Crank” limited-time mode in “Firebase Z” and “Die Maschine”
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Silverback Slideways bonus map
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Standoff map + new Intel
- “Lotto Loadouts” limited-time mode
- New challenge with exclusive Weapon Blueprint reward
New Features & Gameplay Improvements:
- New weapons added to the Mystery Box and Trial rewards in round-based maps and Outbreak:
- Groza assault rifle
- MAC-10 SMG
- Streetsweeper shotgun
- FARA 83 assault rifle
- LC10 SMG
- R1 Shadowhunter crossbow
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle
- Sledgehammer melee weapon
- Wakizashi melee weapon
- Machete melee weapon
- E-Tool melee weapon
- Custom Mod support: Bring custom Blueprints into Zombies via the “Apply Blueprint” feature! Create multiple configurations for every weapon in the game and apply your Custom Mods to all weapons found in a game session.
- New Outbreak Map features: Free cursor support and the ability to Ping the overhead map
- Zombies-specific weapon tuning to increase the overall power of the Black Ops Cold War arsenal
- New Weapon Unlock Challenges: Baseball Bat and AMP63 machine pistol (in-season)
- Rebalancing zombie health at high rounds and scaling Self Revive costs to provide a greater challenge and higher stakes for skilled Zombies players
- Buffing the Pack-a-Punched ZRG 20mm bullet penetration to affect multiple zombies
- Reduced health for the Demented Echo in Outbreak
- New gameplay improvements and bug fixes in Dead Ops Arcade 3
So, on May 20th, Black Ops Cold War zombies players can expect a main quest on Outbreak, an Orda World Event in Outbreak, Cranked 2: No Time To Crank, and (apparently) Fishing.
Treyarch is also working on weapon tuning for zombies (which can be found in next week’s patch notes), a Challenge Tracker on the pause menu, and a buff to Dead Wire Tier V.
For the latest Call of Duty news, be sure to check out ModernWarzone on Twitter.