What Can You Expect From Black Ops Cold War This Week?
Another Monday, another weekly briefing from Activision where the publisher details all sorts of content coming to Black Ops Cold War over the next several days. Here are the highlights:
Double XP, Double Weapon XP, And Double Battle Pass XP Event
- In Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players can earn Double XP, Double Weapon XP, And Double Battle Pass XP from March 26th through the 29th.
New And Returning Black Ops Cold War Playlists
- Stockpile, Face Off, and Gun Game playlists are sticking around for another week.
- So, it looks like there will be no new featured playlists this week for multiplayer.
R1 Shadowhunter Will Officially Release This Week
- After the R1 Shadowhunter was accidentally released early, Treyarch completely removed the weapon from inventories and the bundle containing the weapon was removed from the store.
- The special weapon will be officially added to Black Ops Cold War this week with the aforementioned bundle releasing on March 24th.
- To unlock the R1 Shadowhunter, players must use a weapon with no attachments to get three “One Shot, One Kill” medals in fifteen different matches.
- Although this was not included in the Activision blog post, Treyarch has updated players on how weapon and camo progress will work once the R1 Shadowhunter is added (via the studio’s Trello board).
- If you completed the challenge to unlock the R1 Shadowhunter, you will be set at 14/15 match completions. Previously, it was said that players would have to completely re-do the challenge.
- According to Treyarch, this compromise will allow the developer “to adjust inventories appropriately and establish a path of least resistance to obtain the R1 Shadowhunter when it is ready at a later date.”
- If you didn’t complete the challenge, you will keep your previous progress.
- Players will also keep any camo progress.
“Archaic Range” Headlines The Black Ops Cold War Store Page
- “Archaic Range” Bundle
- Legendary “Lancehead” Weapon Blueprint (R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow)
- “Medieval Archer” Animated Emblem
- “Olde Time Sniper” Sticker
- “Stolen Idol” Charm
- Available On March 24th
- “Tracer Pack Rose” Reactive Bundle
- Ultra “Xoxo Love Lost” SMG Weapon Blueprint
- Legendary “Broken Heart” Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint
- “Drop Dead” Charm
- “Heartbreaker” Vehicle Skin
- “Lonely Valentine” Emblem
- Available On March 27th
It’s interesting to see no new featured playlists for Black Ops Cold War this week. It definitely seems that the developer is gearing up for a Season Two Reloaded announcement with new content for both multiplayer and zombies.
For the latest Call of Duty news, be sure to check out ModernWarzone on Twitter.
SOURCES: Activision, Treyarch’s Trello Board