Black Ops Cold War Season 1 Weapon Challenges
So, here’s the gist. The latest Black Ops Cold War update prematurely revealed how to unlock the Sledgehammer melee weapon, the Wakizashi melee weapon, and the Streetsweeper full-auto shotgun. Even though players couldn’t actually access the weapons, you could see the challenges needed to unlock each one of them. You can see all the challenges down below.
- Sledgehammer – “Using the combat knife, kill 2 or more players rapidly in 15 different matches.”
- Wakizashi – “With the combat knife equipped, execute 2 finishing moves in 10 different matches.”
- Streetsweeper – “Using shotguns, get 3 kills without dying in 15 different matches.”
Again, you can’t complete these challenges and unlock all 3 weapons just yet. Furthermore, Treyarch has already removed the weapons from the menus via an in-game update. Still, it’s cool to see all the requirements before the weapons are officially available to unlock.
How To Unlock The Mac-10 And Groza
Via a blog post, Treyarch has revealed how to earn the Mac-10 SMG and Groza assault rifle in Season 1.
(Note: Both weapons can be unlocked via the free battle pass)
- MAC-10 – Unlocked At Tier 15 Of The Season 1 Battle Pass
- “This compact, blowback operated submachine gun may be small in stature, but its ability to throw out lead at high fire rates allows it to punch up to the heavyweights. It’s the fastest-firing SMG compared to the five available at launch, and that’s not all. The Mac-10 boasts a solid effective damage range and can be reloaded quicker than the average SMG. Just be sure to control its high vertical recoil, or get close enough to the enemy to make it a non-issue.”
- Groza – Unlocked At Tier 31 Of The Season 1 Battle Pass
- “Chambered in 7.62, the Groza is a prototypical Soviet bullpup assault rifle known for its great handling speeds, allowing its owner to quickly aim down sights in the heat of battle. With a fire rate and bullet velocity near the top of its category, expect to deal solid damage to a target down-range and with quick follow-up shots for whoever arrives as backup.”
Black Ops Cold War Season 1 brings new maps, modes, weapons, blueprints, and more to the immensely popular first-person shooter. Black Ops Cold War will officially integrate with Call of Duty: Warzone on December 16th. This is also when Season 1 officially launches.
Follow ModernWarzone on Twitter for the latest Call of Duty news!