We at ModernWarzone are rolling through our coverage on the Black Ops Cold War launch. Throughout the next few days and weeks, we’ll be putting out content covering the game’s Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. This article specifically covers Perks, Field Upgrades, and Wildcards in the game (via GamesAtlas).
Black Ops Cold War Perks, Field Upgrades, And Wild Cards
- Slot #1
- Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls. See enemy scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll your care packages.
- Tactical Mask
- Maximized resistance to flashbang and stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Flak Jacket
- Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Forward Intel
- See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you. Your vision pulses if the enemy is outside of your view.
- Slot #2
- Replenish ammo from fallen players.
- Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Gear Head
- Reduce Filed Upgrade cool down. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- See imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s minimap.
- Enemies on a Killstreak have a crosshair indicator on your minimap. Receive extra Score for taking them down.
- Slot #3
- Cold Blooded
- AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
- Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Medic when sprinting. Speak only when necessary.
- Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to CounterSpy Plane, Jammer, Tracker, and Paranoia. Won’t trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
- Fire your weapon and use Equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling. Fire more accurately when sliding.
- Cold Blooded
- SAM Turret
- Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters.
- Field Mic
- Deploys a recording device that highlights enmity sounds on your minimap.
- Trophy System
- Destroys thrown enemy equipment and launcher missiles within 10 meters.
- Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades, and degrading enemy minimap information.
- Assault Pack
- Supply cache containing ammo that gives bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Gas Mine
- Proximity activated trap that expels a large cloud of harmful gas. Enemies inside are damaged and disoriented.
- Proximity Mine
- Throwable mine. Explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it.
- Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots for your primary weapon.
- Law Breaker
- Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks.
- Danger Close
- Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo.
- Perk Greed
- Equip 3 extra perks.
For more coverage, here’s a quick checklist of everything else we’ve covered so far:
- Prestige System, Explained
- Campaign Deep Dive (Pre-Release)
- When You Can Play Black Ops Cold War
- Every Weapon In Black Ops Cold War
- Every Scorestreak In Black Ops Cold War
Are you excited to play Black Ops Cold War? What platform are you buying it on? What game mode are you trying out first (Campaign, Multiplayer, or Zombies)? Let us know in the comments below. Also, be sure to follow ModernWarzone on Twitter for the latest Call of Duty news!