Treyarch has revealed the PC specifications for Black Ops Cold War. You can take a look at them down below!
Black Ops Cold War PC Specs
Black Ops Cold War Is 175 GB On PC
As noted in the PC requirements above, Black Ops Cold War will take up 175 GB. If you plan to install the Ray Tracing features, you’ll bump it up to 250 GB. However, it should be said that you can simply just install the multiplayer by itself. If you do this, you’ll only be using up 50 GB of storage space. Although this may seem unprecedented, 2019’s Modern Warfare took up 175 GB at launch as well.
As a comparison, here’s roughly how much space each Call of Duty game has taken up on PC since Black Ops 1 (via a pretty in-depth article from IGN):
- Black Ops 1 – 12 GB
- Modern Warfare 3 – 16 GB
- Black Ops 2 – 10 GB
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 40 GB
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 55 GB
- Black Ops 3 – 60 GB
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 70 GB
- Call of Duty: WWII – 90 GB
- Black Ops 4 – 80 GB
- 2019’s Modern Warfare – 175 GB
Granted, so much has changed since that time in regards to video game development. Still, it’s kinda hilarious to look back at how much space games used to take up.
Other PC Features
The studio also released a new trailer showcasing what players could expect in the PC version:
So, to recap, here’s everything you should expect to see in the PC version of Black Ops Cold War:
- The PC Version Is Exclusively Available Via Battle.net
- Crossplay Support
- 4K Graphics And Uncapped Framerate
- Ray Traced Shadows And Ambient Occlusion
- Nvidia DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) And Reflex Technology
- Expansive Customization Options (Over 200 Individual Settings That Are Adjustable)
- Ultrawide And Multi-Monitor Support
For more details on all of those PC features, click here.
Black Ops Cold War will release on November 13th, 2020 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, and PC. The PlayStation 5 version will launch on November 13th in the United States and Canada. For those in other countries, the PS5 version of Black Ops Cold War will release on November 19th.
For more Black Ops Cold War coverage, check out this article covering all of the achievements that can be found in the game. If you’re a zombies fan, here’s an article covering the latest rumors on the mode’s perk and upgrade systems.
Also, be sure to follow ModernWarzone on Twitter for the latest Call of Duty news!