We’ve got the roadmap for Black Ops Cold War Season 1. Now, Activision has announced a ton of new info regarding how Treyarch’s game is going to fit into Warzone and even Modern Warfare.
Black Ops Cold War To Introduce A New Prestige System
A new prestige system is coming in Black Ops Cold War! Treyarch will reveal more news about this system sometime tomorrow.
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) November 5, 2020
Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, And Modern Warfare To Share Progression
Starting with Black Ops Cold War Season 1, progression will be shared across Warzone, Modern Warfare, and Black Ops Cold War. Here’s a rundown on how exactly this will work, via a Call of Duty blog post on the new progression system:
“Player Progression Begins: Military Ranks and Modes
- Check the Barracks Menu of each title for a new change: Your Enlisted Ranks (Level 1-55) are now known as Military Ranks. These will be fully synchronized between all three games (beginning at launch for Black Ops Cold War players, and in Season One for Modern Warfare and Warzone players).
- This universal progression system means that you can level up (and obtain XP) no matter which of the titles you are playing!
- Progress in the usual manner by playing Multiplayer modes, completing Challenges (in either Black Ops Cold War or Modern Warfare) and Warzone matches.
- In addition, Black Ops Cold War Zombies shares this same progression too, so you’ll be able to level up no matter how you play!
- Player Progression Reset
Player Progression Reset
- To synchronize player progression across all three games, your initial (Military) rank will be reset within Modern Warfare and Warzone at the start of Black Ops Cold War Season One. This reset is synchronized to your current progression level in Black Ops Cold War when Season One begins.
- Don’t worry, only your XP is reset; everything you’ve previously unlocked remains available (like Weapons, Perks and Killstreaks in Modern Warfare for example).
Player Progression Continues: The Seasonal Prestige Leveling
Your seasonal Officer Progression is now known as Season Levels, which incorporates a Seasonal Prestige leveling system. These are fully synchronized between all three games.
As you begin Season Leveling, expect an updated interface to this leveling system.
Seasonal Progression has been updated with aspects of the traditional Prestige system, allowing players to unlock and use rewards, including some incredibly cool legacy player identity items from the world of Black Ops!
Leveling in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone or Modern Warfare all count toward your Season Leveling and Prestige Level.
The preferred way to Prestige is by playing Black Ops Cold War, thanks to challenges focused on Black Ops Cold War gameplay, XP events and other advantages planned throughout the Seasons.
Remember that a large proportion of this content is earnable or simply free, just by playing one or all of the three games.
Get the full deep dive into the Black Ops Cold War Prestige System, including details on Seasonal Prestige Levels, Prestige Master requirements, Season Challenges, and more tomorrow (11/6) over at the Treyarch Blog.”
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) November 5, 2020
What Does This Mean For The Gunsmith In Warzone?
Every weapon in Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare will be available to use in Warzone. However, Activision was quick to point out that this won’t be the case for their full games:
“You will not be able to use your Modern Warfare weapons in Black Ops Cold War, and vice versa.”
Like XP, you can progress any weapon via the game they originated in or Warzone. Also, it’s important to note that you will keep your weapon and camo progress in Modern Warfare.
Will Modern Warfare’s Perks Stay In Warzone?
Yes, all of Modern Warfare’s perks, equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks will be included in Warzone after the Black Ops Cold War integration.
How Will Operators Work In Warzone?
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) November 5, 2020
According to Activision, you’ll be able to take almost any unlocked operator into Verdansk with the exception of the pre-order skin for Frank Woods. You can only get that skin in Modern Warfare and Warzone by pre-ordering Black Ops Cold War.
The Battle Pass In Warzone And Black Ops Cold War
Like Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War will share a Battle Pass system with Warzone. Activision assured players that they will keep all of their purchased content going into the Black Ops Cold War integration with Warzone. Furthermore, you’ll actually be able to progress the new Battle Pass in Modern Warfare too!
What Does This Mean For The Store?
This one is pretty simple. You’ll find Black Ops Cold War content in Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare content in Modern Warfare, and there will be a mixture of cosmetic content from both games in Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War will release on November 13th, 2020 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, and PC. The PlayStation 5 version will launch on November 13th in the United States and Canada. For those in other countries, the PS5 version of Black Ops Cold War will release on November 19th.